The bandwidth utilization in the Lon network is high, it is possible to see what Lon device and what objects in the Lon device that is causing the high load on the Lon network.
EcoStruxure Building Operation
- Building Operation Enterprise Server
- Building Operation Automation Server Premium (AS-P)
When the load on the Lon network is too high (above 50%) you need to analyze the Lon communication to understand what Lon devices and objects in the Lon device that is causing the high load on the network.
Use a Lon Protocol Analyzer to measure the Lon bandwidth utilization on the Lon network if the load on the network is too high (above 50%) analyze the communication. When doing that it is possible to use the trace log in the ES or AS-P, please see attached video of how that is done.
Configure Trace Log to capture Lon Communications
- Open Workstation and navigate to [AS/ES name]/System/Modules/Trace/Loggers/nsp/nsp.pin/nsp.pin.lon
- Right-click "nsp.pin.lon.comm" and choose Properties
- Under Level, change from "Information" to "Trace", then click ok
- Let it run for a few minutes. If there is some user input needed to recreate the lon issue, then perform these steps now
- Retrieve the log by right-clicking [AS/ES name]/System/Modules/Trace/TraceSettings and choose Trace settings->Get trace log
- Save the log file