Is it possible to set a startup delay for TAC Vista server?
- TAC Vista 5.1.X
- 32-bit Windows operating systems
Delaying the startup of the Vista Server is typically done to allow for other software to get up and running first. Example: LConfig needs to be running prior to Vista Server.
There is two ways of adding a delay, either you do it manually like described below. Or there is a tool you can use called "Tacos Startup Delay", see community post TACOS Startup Delay
- Open the registry editor.
Click on Start\Run and type regedit.
- Locate the TAC Vista 5.1.X registry key (where 'X' is the installed version of Vista)
My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TAC AB\TAC Vista\5.1.X
- Add a string value named "TacosStartupDelay"
- Enter a value in seconds for the startup delay.
Additionally, this helpful utility can be used to set the delay without going into the registry editor.