Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the Schneider Electric Community! We have moved to a new address: community.se.com — bookmark it today and contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions!
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82695members
350419posts

trying to use PowerChute

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
sgtaylor5_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

trying to use PowerChute

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/29/2014

My BE500U has an in and out RJ-11 port and one RJ-45 port and no USB ports. So what kind of PowerChute software should I use? Personal Edition can't find the USB port (cause there isn't any) and the Network Edition can't find the Ethernet cable. Everything in my room is connected through a D-Link 10/100 switch back to the router.

Accepted Solutions
sgtaylor5_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: trying to use PowerChute

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/31/2014

Thanks, Angela and Bill P. for your fast answers. Bought one on eBay; when it gets here in early April, we'll see how it works. Problem solved for now; I have no doubt this will work - the network port is just asserting the DATA lines on the USB port and PowerChute is listening for that assertion.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 3/31/2014

Hello,

I believe BE500U should come with this cable below - do you have this? (part number AP9827)

http://www.rack.sg/images/APC_AP9827_1.jpg

This is an RJ-45 connector on one end (which connects to the "data port") on the UPS. This is likely the RJ-45 port you saw on your UPS. Then, the USB side, goes to your computer and PowerChute would see that "USB."

We need to verify you have this cable and if not, we need to get this in order to connect your computer to the UPS for use with PowerChute Personal Edition.

BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 3/31/2014

Hi,

BE500U ships with cable 940-0127. This cable is USB A on one end and JR50 on the other end.

2278_pastedImage_1.png

You attach the USB A end to the computer and the JR50 end to the UPS port labeled Data. Once the cable is attached you can then either install PowerChute Personal Edition (if OS is supported), use Native Power Options, or install APCUPSD.

If you do not have the cable it can be purchase on line. The sales part number is AP9827

sgtaylor5_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/31/2014

Thanks, Angela and Bill P. for your fast answers. Bought one on eBay; when it gets here in early April, we'll see how it works. Problem solved for now; I have no doubt this will work - the network port is just asserting the DATA lines on the USB port and PowerChute is listening for that assertion.