Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82121members
349628posts

rs232/USB adapter?

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
dhs_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

rs232/USB adapter?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/14/2011

I have 4 old APC BP1100 UPS devices. Their interface is rs-232.
Has anyone made/sold an adapter to convert APC rs232 to USB?
I do recall that the APC interface is a special rs232.
Should such an adapter exist, I can get more years out of these 4 heavy, all steel UPS's!
(They are all "retired', but, on their 4th set of batteries!)
Thank you,
Duncan

Accepted Solutions
jmac_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: rs232/USB adapter?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/22/2011

Duncan

If you cannot get the APC item then any USB-Serial dongle should work. I've used one for a number of years (on APC serial interfaces) with my laptop with no problems (driver seems to be built into XP/Win7). The ones I use originally came from RS Components (a large UK component supplier) but I expect one from your local store should work.

Regards

John

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
dhs_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/16/2011

Clarkson,
Thank you for the p/n. I will start to research this item!
Best,
Duncan

jmac_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/22/2011

Duncan

If you cannot get the APC item then any USB-Serial dongle should work. I've used one for a number of years (on APC serial interfaces) with my laptop with no problems (driver seems to be built into XP/Win7). The ones I use originally came from RS Components (a large UK component supplier) but I expect one from your local store should work.

Regards

John