Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82120members
349628posts

functn of a Line-R versus over/under voltage provided by SmartUPS?

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
media1mogul_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

functn of a Line-R versus over/under voltage provided by SmartUPS?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/31/2008

To those in the know, this may be a dumb question but I'm confused.
I run 4 smartUPS 750s in my home to protect my computers and electronics. I've seen the units kick in when I get either high or low voltage coming into the house. I also expect that my attached devices are protected from a surge. Am I getting the same functionality as a Line-R through this unit in addition to the battery backup? Aside from the battery backup functionality how are the units different? Thanks! -Mike

Accepted Solutions
media1mogul_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: functn of a Line-R versus over/under voltage provided by SmartUPS?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/29/2008

Thanks notorious. I appreciate it. I feel better about my purchases now.

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
TheNotoriousKMP_apc
Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/2/2008

Ideally, the answer you're looking for is that the Line-R technology was integrated into an APC UPS system, making an all-inclusive system that's capable of regulating power problems as well as providing power when it's main source is missing or unstable.

media1mogul_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/9/2008

Notorius,
Yes. What I'm wondering is if I'm covered by having a smart ups. Does a smart UPS effectively condition the line power?

TheNotoriousKMP_apc
Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/9/2008

Yes, yes it does.

media1mogul_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/29/2008

Thanks notorious. I appreciate it. I feel better about my purchases now.