Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84740members
354164posts

dual apc-750 monitoring

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
hotrod351_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

dual apc-750 monitoring

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/18/2008

i already have one apc-750 and i need another in a different location. my question is, i already have the one connected to my computer so i can see the condition of the battery. if i connect another one can i also connect it to my computer so that i can also monitor the charge of the battery. would i end up with two battery icons at the top with the charge next to each, or can i only show one on my desktop.

Accepted Solutions
mtroha_apc
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Re: dual apc-750 monitoring

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/23/2008

hotrod,

There are two different ways you could do this, assuming these are APC SmartUPS and not BackUPS products...

1. You can connect the second UPS to another computer in your environment and install the PowerChute Business Edition Agent. You can then use the PowerChute Business Edition Server software to monitor up to 5 of these PowerChute Business Edition Agents, including the one that is already installed on your computer.

2. Install a Network Management Card into the new UPS, and monitor it over the network using the web interface.

Both of these recomendations are only valid for SmartUPS products. If you are using a BackUPS unit, then the previous statement of a 1:1 relationship of UPS:Computer is still true. The consumer BackUPS line is not compatible with any of our business level monitoring solutions.

-Mike

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
TheNotoriousKMP_apc
Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

Unfortunately, it's a 1:1 ratio.

Only 1 UPS can be seen by the PC.

hotrod351_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

then i guess theres no way of seeing what charge the second one has.

mtroha_apc
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/23/2008

hotrod,

There are two different ways you could do this, assuming these are APC SmartUPS and not BackUPS products...

1. You can connect the second UPS to another computer in your environment and install the PowerChute Business Edition Agent. You can then use the PowerChute Business Edition Server software to monitor up to 5 of these PowerChute Business Edition Agents, including the one that is already installed on your computer.

2. Install a Network Management Card into the new UPS, and monitor it over the network using the web interface.

Both of these recomendations are only valid for SmartUPS products. If you are using a BackUPS unit, then the previous statement of a 1:1 relationship of UPS:Computer is still true. The consumer BackUPS line is not compatible with any of our business level monitoring solutions.

-Mike