Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the Schneider Electric Community! We have moved to a new address: community.se.com — bookmark it today and contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions!
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82692members
350417posts

can i still use?

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
apcsd_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

can i still use?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/1/2012

i got the APC BACK UPS XS 1300 from a friend turns on and works fine but the battery is not charging at all as soon as i plugged it the first time showd it was charging but then nothing....can i still use it even though the battery is not charged up? more interested in the surge part!
thanks

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: can i still use?

This reply was originally posted by Dakota on APC forums on 9/2/2012

The unit was made October 10, 2006, if the battery has never been replaced, just replace the battery and the unit should be as good as new!

See Answer In Context

5 Replies 5
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Dakota on APC forums on 9/1/2012

Try installing the Apc Powerchute Software On A Computer If You Have A Usb Cable:

http://www.apc.com/products/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=SFPCPE302

Also What Is The Exact Model And Serial Number On The Unit?

apcsd_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/1/2012

is there a Mac version of Powerchute?!?!

these are the only numbers that i got from the UPS

BX1300LCD

JB0641019870

APC BACK UPS XS 1300

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Also, yes you can still use the surge part, but i would recommend removing the battery, bad things tend to happen when you charge a bad battery for an extended period of time, if the unit chirps because its removed, just simply mute it.

Good Luck,
Wwallender

apcsd_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/2/2012

thank you very much i guess i should start paying more attentino on the stuff i bring home i wll change the batt thanx

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

The unit was made October 10, 2006, if the battery has never been replaced, just replace the battery and the unit should be as good as new!