Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82165members
349753posts

Which APC UPS is compatible with the Battery Packs???

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
Castle_Romeo_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Which APC UPS is compatible with the Battery Packs???

This was originally posted on APC forums on 8/25/2014

I recently purchased two APC Battery Packs expansion packs for my BackUPS Pro 1400 and I notice the connectors on the BackUPS Pro 1400 and the expansion packs are slightly different.

Which APC UPS can you recommend me that has the correct plug for these expansion packs. I don't care if they're discontinued. I can always find it on ebay.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Which APC UPS is compatible with the Battery Packs???

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 8/31/2014

I don't know of one we make for this particular application but there may be information out there or if anyone wants to chime in and provide information to use at your own risk.

The only adapters I know of are to make different Smart-UPS Battery Packs work with other generations of Smart-UPS UPS models i.e. using an SU battery pack with an SUA Smart-UPS (like what is suggested here -> Using an SU48R3XLBP with an SUA3000RMXL3U | FAQs | Schneider Electric US)

See Answer In Context

5 Replies 5
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 8/26/2014

Hello,

To double check compatibility, could you provide the exact model of your Back UPS 1400 from the white sticker on the back or bottom and the same for the expansion battery packs you purchased?

Thanks!

Castle_Romeo_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 8/27/2014

The main APC UPS is a BP1400.

The APC battery packs are SU24XLBP

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 8/27/2014

OK, thanks. That is a Smart UPS external battery pack for older units. I found this documentation -> How do I select the correct Smart-UPS XL battery pack? | FAQs | US

Castle_Romeo_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 8/30/2014

Is there an adapter cable available that will work for the BP1400 and the battery packs???

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 8/31/2014

I don't know of one we make for this particular application but there may be information out there or if anyone wants to chime in and provide information to use at your own risk.

The only adapters I know of are to make different Smart-UPS Battery Packs work with other generations of Smart-UPS UPS models i.e. using an SU battery pack with an SUA Smart-UPS (like what is suggested here -> Using an SU48R3XLBP with an SUA3000RMXL3U | FAQs | Schneider Electric US)