Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82165members
349750posts

UTS10BI : Hardwire Generator wiring Inquiry

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

matthewzamora
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

UTS10BI : Hardwire Generator wiring Inquiry

According to the Site Preparation doc, APC guides you to hardwire the generator in to the terminal block (Click link, bottom of page 8 and on to page 9), but the wiring diagram on the panel (Manufactured Oct 2020), states the terminal block is for UPS/Backup2 (which is limited to 1800 watts). 

I already cut the $120 50 amp 30 ft RV cable and wired it, so relying on the RV receptacle that is not included, is kind of moot at this point. 

My question is where does Backup1/Generator get wired to on the panel (pictured)?

My configuration involved a hard wired 50 amp RV cable routed along wall, to outside/side yard where I will manually plug it in to a 12K dual fuel gas/propane generator.

Edit: Is the Hardwire Kit assembly (aka Terminal Block Assembly), truly required for a hardwire only install?

hardwire to generator.JPG

UTS10BI.JPG

Tags (1)
2 Replies 2
matthewzamora
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

The Re: UTS10BI : Hardwire Generator wiring Inquiry

Tags (1)
matthewzamora
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: The Re: UTS10BI : Hardwire Generator wiring Inquiry

Apparently I am to purchase the kit and hardwire per step 16. Doh! Weird how the install doc of the UTS is not as explanatory about this and avides me to hardwire the generator. Sounds like practical case scenario is to buy another RV cable and the connector knockout connector and the hardwire kit. ugh.

terminal block assembly.JPG

Tags (1)