Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84387members
353577posts

UPS ES550 on Mac with virtual machine running windows

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
Diana_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 7/25/2010

Just installed APC battery backup ES 550 on my Mac Mini running OS X also have a virtual machine running Windows 7 on same computer. If I installed the software on the Mac side, do I also have to install the software on the PC side? I want to be sure ENTIRE machine will be backed up.

Accepted Solutions
Diana_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 7/26/2010

Just installed APC battery backup ES 550 on my Mac Mini running OS X also have a virtual machine running Windows 7 on same computer. If I installed the software on the Mac side, do I also have to install the software on the PC side? I want to be sure ENTIRE machine will be backed up.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: UPS ES550 on Mac with virtual machine running windows

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 7/26/2010

i agree here, this is the same deal as installing it on a VMWare type of system. the UPS is probably going to be monitored by your Mac OS X and be able to shut that down. the Windows 7 virtual machine is going to be just like another application on the Mac. PCPE does NOT have the ability to gracefully shut that down. you'd need to configure something like VMWare tools or a script or something to tell that operating system to shutdown when the Mac OS X machine is going to shutdown after a power outage or scenario where the UPS intervenes and causes a graceful shutdown.

Diana_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 7/26/2010