Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82506members
350107posts

SmartUPS 1500 SLA

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
snison_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

SmartUPS 1500 SLA

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/25/2013

Hi all:

I did use the search function for lead acid and car battery, but did not find what I wanted.

Apparently the SmartUPS 1500 uses [2] 12V batteries in series, that creates a 24V output. I'm wanting to use two small car SLA batteries in series, to create the same 24V output. In theory, will the SmartUPS provide enough current to keep charged? They will be mounted outside in a ventilated container as to not induce interior toxic poisoning. What are the disadvantages of such?

I ask in theory, as in, SHOULD it work but NO it isn't SUPPORTED. There are no warranties or guarantees, blah blah...

Thanks
Snison

Tags (3)

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: SmartUPS 1500 SLA

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 1/28/2013

i agree.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
snison_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/25/2013

I'm guessing if I put them in fully charged there shouldn't be an issue until the power gets whacked? Then I would need to charge with a "real" charger before hooking them into the UPS!

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 1/25/2013

from working with the UPSs, I can tell you that the larger the battery you use, the longer it is going to take the small little charger (that is designed for the original size battery) to charge those larger batteries. Not to mention what you already said 🙂 "+SHOULD it work but NO it isn't SUPPORTED. There are no warranties or guarantees, blah blah...+"

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 1/28/2013

i agree.