Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84725members
354141posts

Smart-UPS 1500

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
JimmyPhil_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Smart-UPS 1500

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/16/2010

I have several Smart-UPS 1500 UPS units in service and two spare units were inadvertently stored for more than a year without being plugged in. When they were discovered, I bought and installed replacement batteries for them. When I powered them up, they come up dead with no LEDs and the power switch(s) inoperative.
Do these units just die without remedy if they are un-powered for a long period?

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
JimmyPhil_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: Smart-UPS 1500

25.2 Vdc, Measured

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
JimmyPhil_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/17/2010

I tried the cold start routine and one of them returned to normal (I didn't know about the cold start routine). The other one comes up in the UPS back-up mode and does not recognize the line--must be a real failure. THANK YOU for answering my question. I now have one good one!

JimmyPhil_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

25.2 Vdc, Measured