Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84595members
353860posts

Back-UPS PRO 650 clicking

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
ballanceg_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 9/16/2010

I just replaced the battery in the ups. It's clicking as if it's doing a reset but it clicks about every 15-20 seconds. Does this indicate another issue with the UPS? I don't believe it's normal since I've never heard this clicking before. It's coming from the rear near the reset button it sounds like but can't be sure. There are actually 2 clicks - the first one is a lower sounding click followed in about 3-5 seconds with a higher sounding click. Then nothing for about 15-20 seconds and the same clicks again. Continous.....Afraid to plug it into power at this point.

Accepted Solutions
ballanceg_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: Back-UPS PRO 650 clicking

I can press the power button on the front and it beeps. I can hold it in and it beeps one short time and then a long beep. Then nothing so I release the on power button. Clicks continue.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
ballanceg_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

I just replaced the battery in the ups. It's clicking as if it's doing a reset but it clicks about every 15-20 seconds. Does this indicate another issue with the UPS? I don't believe it's normal since I've never heard this clicking before. It's coming from the rear near the reset button it sounds like but can't be sure. There are actually 2 clicks - the first one is a lower sounding click followed in about 3-5 seconds with a higher sounding click. Then nothing for about 15-20 seconds and the same clicks again. Continous.....Afraid to plug it into power at this point.

ballanceg_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Sorry. Old battery traded in when the new one was purchased but they had the same model number on it. If I remove the black battery lead, the clicking stops of course. Plug it back in and starts again. It's coming from the sealed area near the back of the unit and not the battery itself. It's almost like it's in a perpetual reset. It is not plugged in to power and just sitting on my desk with nothing attached to it and it not plugged.

ballanceg_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

I can press the power button on the front and it beeps. I can hold it in and it beeps one short time and then a long beep. Then nothing so I release the on power button. Clicks continue.