Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84588members
353854posts

Should I power off the UPS-ES "green" button when not using those sockets?

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
Mr.Gump_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Should I power off the UPS-ES "green" button when not using those sockets?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/27/2008

Hello,

I assume it is best to post my configuration so here it is:

I purchased a new 350G UPS-ES from Staples the other day. I have 6 plugs total. Three surge protected sockets hold my phone charger, my Linksys wireless router and the third socket holds my cable modem power supply. The three surge protected and battery protected sockets hold my notebook power supply, my 20 inch LCD monitor and the final socket holds my Xbox power supply. (The monitor is only on when playing Xbox, it is not used with my notebook.

When not using the sockets on the battery side of the UPS, should I shutdown that side (turn off the green light)? This would apply when I am going to bed or leaving for the day or going on a trip, any extended period of time where i am not using those gadgets plugged into the battery backup. Thank you for your help.

Accepted Solutions
EZ_Button_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

Re: Should I power off the UPS-ES "green" button when not using those sockets?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/28/2008

It's really up to you. I'll let you know it doesn't really have much of a benefit to power consumption. The units charging circuits still work whether the power button / light is on or off.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
EZ_Button_apc
Commander
Commander
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/28/2008

It's really up to you. I'll let you know it doesn't really have much of a benefit to power consumption. The units charging circuits still work whether the power button / light is on or off.

Mr.Gump_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/4/2008

thank you EZ BUtton. I spoke to APC and they agreed with you.