Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84815members
354268posts

SUA1000I too hot - Add a fan?

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
worms_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

SUA1000I too hot - Add a fan?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 7/5/2012

Hi everybody,

One my friend gave to me an APC SUA1000I for free, so I bought a couple of new batteries and installed by myself. All was fine until this days that are very very hot.
In the room I have about 32°C so is probably that the ups internally arrive to 40°C so he shuttdown by himself.

I want to install a fan that in this model is not present but I can't find a plave where connect them. I'm thinking to connect at the same place of the SUA1500I but I can't find any photo that show the motherboard of this UPS.

Is possible do that?
If Yes, how?

Best regards
Fabio

Tags (3)

Accepted Solutions
irfan_jamil_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Re: SUA1000I too hot - Add a fan?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 7/6/2012

yes u can installed a fan on same place as 1500va.but that fan have no proper fitting,just u paste or hang it through double side type.(that is used in auto spare parts) .also u paste it through glue gun sticks. and fan power connected at main capacitor which is mention at the main board.
respectively +ve and -Ve.
keep in mind fan have 2'' inch in size and 24v and throw Air in side. (fan rotation)

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Chris on APC forums on 7/5/2012

APC cannot recommend anything of course but does anyone else have any suggestions?

irfan_jamil_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 7/6/2012

yes u can installed a fan on same place as 1500va.but that fan have no proper fitting,just u paste or hang it through double side type.(that is used in auto spare parts) .also u paste it through glue gun sticks. and fan power connected at main capacitor which is mention at the main board.
respectively +ve and -Ve.
keep in mind fan have 2'' inch in size and 24v and throw Air in side. (fan rotation)