Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84567members
353835posts

New UPS ES 550

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
lgermaine_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

New UPS ES 550

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/12/2010

Hi,

I've just purchased and installed a new UPS ES 550. The light is blinking red and green constantly, and the alarm is screening non-stop.

Yes, the battery is connected properly (I've checked and re-checked).

Any ideas? Does it just have to charge and, if so, why do the instructions not warn of this?

Thanks,
Leslie

Accepted Solutions
shasuren_apc
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Re: New UPS ES 550

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/13/2010

Yes, in the manual it is mentioned to charge the new battery after connecting it on the UPS. You can even charge the battery with out powering on the UPS by just connecting the UPS to wall socket and power coming from it.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
lgermaine_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

New UPS ES 550

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/13/2010

Hi,

I've just purchased and installed a new UPS ES 550. The light is blinking red and green constantly, and the alarm is screening non-stop.

Yes, the battery is connected properly (I've checked and re-checked).

Any ideas? Does it just have to charge and, if so, why do the instructions not warn of this?

Thanks,
Leslie

BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Laurie on APC forums on 3/16/2010

The manual does state, several times, "The Back-UPS ES should charge for at least 16 hours" though I suppose it doesn't say it must... Then again that isn't a necessity for everyone, sometimes it works just fine right away.

It also says you don't have to turn it on, it will charge as long as it's plugged in, so I hope you didn't needlessly endure the beeping for hours!

shasuren_apc
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/13/2010

Yes, in the manual it is mentioned to charge the new battery after connecting it on the UPS. You can even charge the battery with out powering on the UPS by just connecting the UPS to wall socket and power coming from it.