Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the Schneider Electric Community! We have moved to a new address: community.se.com — bookmark it today and contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions!
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82694members
350417posts

Instant power loss on battery backup

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
stevengib_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Instant power loss on battery backup

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/22/2012

Back-UPS CS 650
Serial 4B1024P36009
Windows 7 Powerchute Personal Edition 2.1.1

When power is lost from the mains the UPS switches to battery back-up as normal and the unit beeps and the orange battery indicator lights, but power is lost to all my devices. Even with only a simple power strip with an LED connected power is lost immediately Powerchute says the UPS is working nomad and I have run self tests via power chute; pass. I have checked the Sensitivity setting and they are fine. Is there any reset or test i can perform?

Accepted Solutions
Dougga_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Re: Instant power loss on battery backup

This was originally posted on APC forums on 7/13/2012

I'd like a bit more information on what you did.
I'm seeing my unit drop power for about 1.5 seconds when I loose power or if there is a power anomaly due to a thunderstorm. The battery kicks in after this but the 1.5 seconds is more than enough time to reboot all devices plugged into the unit.

Any help you can provide would be very helpful.

Thanks!

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
stevengib_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

I have been to the APC support site and emailed them but their auto reply is in Spanish!..a whole lot of use that is to me being english... lol

stevengib_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Great news, I fixed it! I opened up the unit (removing the battery first of course) and gave the white relay inside a little tap with a screwdriver. I figured they are not switching over to battery power on mains loss. Reassembling the unit, i attached a device cord and noticed an instant noise/feel from within the UPS and eureka, it worked!

BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Jonathan on APC forums on 1/24/2012

Hi Steven,

Did you actually opened the unit itself or you were just referring to opening the battery trap door and making sure that the battery terminal contacts are properly seated? Keep in mind that opening the unit itself voids the warranty.

Dougga_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 7/13/2012

I'd like a bit more information on what you did.
I'm seeing my unit drop power for about 1.5 seconds when I loose power or if there is a power anomaly due to a thunderstorm. The battery kicks in after this but the 1.5 seconds is more than enough time to reboot all devices plugged into the unit.

Any help you can provide would be very helpful.

Thanks!