Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82528members
350133posts

How to set auto notify key person thru SMS (mobile phone)?

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
shinhan_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

How to set auto notify key person thru SMS (mobile phone)?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/24/2008

I using SMART-UPS 3000 & SMART-UPS RT 3000XL (with APC PowerChute Business Edition Console V7.0.4)

Anyone got anyidea to set/get a software/hardware to auto notify key person thru SMS (mobile phone) in critical issues or ensuring critical situations are dealt with in a timely manner?

Anyone got anyidea??? please help~~

Message was edited by: shinhan

Accepted Solutions
mtroha_apc
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Re: How to set auto notify key person thru SMS (mobile phone)?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/5/2008

shinhan,

No additional hardware or software is necessary.

PowerChute Business Edition has the ability to email users when there is an alarm on the UPS. All you need to do if find out the e-mail addres for your cell phone, and add that address as one of the recipients for PowerChute Business Edition.

For example, I use verizon, so if I want to send a SMS message to my cellphone via e-mail, I use the email address of phonenumber@vtext.com. When a message is sent to this address, it is received like a text message.

There are no cellular accessories for SmartUPS's that will allow you to do this without using the email method.

Hope this clears things up.

-Mike

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
TheNotoriousKMP_apc
Sisko
Sisko
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/24/2008

I don't believe, even with PCBE8, that there is any way for SMS notification. Only thing I can think of that would work is to use a local SMTP server, then the phone's email address (e.g. name@sprintpcs.com), that would get sent like an SMS message, but still go to the phone.

shinhan_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/28/2008

sorry sir, i really not very understand....

I searching a solution (maybe a 'way' or 'hardware' or...) to setting up this feature for my company, but i cannot.

What things should i needed? (hardware? software?)
How i going to setting?
and others...

please help~

mtroha_apc
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/5/2008

shinhan,

No additional hardware or software is necessary.

PowerChute Business Edition has the ability to email users when there is an alarm on the UPS. All you need to do if find out the e-mail addres for your cell phone, and add that address as one of the recipients for PowerChute Business Edition.

For example, I use verizon, so if I want to send a SMS message to my cellphone via e-mail, I use the email address of phonenumber@vtext.com. When a message is sent to this address, it is received like a text message.

There are no cellular accessories for SmartUPS's that will allow you to do this without using the email method.

Hope this clears things up.

-Mike