Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84622members
353937posts

F01 message (battery overload) every morning

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
supercell_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

F01 message (battery overload) every morning

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/23/2011

Hello,

Up until yesterday everything was fine.

Yesterday: I hear a high, steady beep. I walk over to my PC. It is dead. The 1500 XS has the message "F01" on it and, again, it has a steady beep. I press the power button - it shuts off. I turn it back on. Battery light is empty and blinking. Start up my PC and all is fine for the next 24 hours. This morning around the same time it does the same thing. Is this some sort of battery test that runs every 24 hours? Has my battery reached a point where it no longer can support my 850 watt PC PSU, or is this some sort of power spike that is hitting every 24 hours starting yesterday? Nothing has been added to the UPS.

Any ideas? Any suggestions would be great!

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions
cstuetz_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: F01 message (battery overload) every morning

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/7/2016

Can you tell me what is the maximum load for this product?

I'm having the same problem and it says my current load is between 60 and 71 watts.

Thank you!

See Answer In Context

BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 6/8/2016

Rob,

If you have a XS1500 the maximum load is 865 watts. We recommend keeping the unit at or below 80% of maximum load or 692 watts.

How old is the battery? At the load you are running the UPS should not be overloaded. 

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
cstuetz_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/7/2016

Can you tell me what is the maximum load for this product?

I'm having the same problem and it says my current load is between 60 and 71 watts.

Thank you!

BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Bill on APC forums on 6/8/2016

Rob,

If you have a XS1500 the maximum load is 865 watts. We recommend keeping the unit at or below 80% of maximum load or 692 watts.

How old is the battery? At the load you are running the UPS should not be overloaded.