Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82470members
350043posts

2 UPS 1 PC

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

2 UPS 1 PC

This question was originally posted by Ogawa on APC forums on 3/24/2011

Hi, I got two Smart-UPS 1500RM connected by USB to my Windows 7 PC.

Installed APC PowerChute Business Edition.

Installed all Agent, Server, and Console.

Opened the Console and I can see only one device, the properties shows only one device.

How can I see the other device?

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: 2 UPS 1 PC

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 3/25/2011

yeah, for monitoring, you cant do it. for graceful shutdown, you can, but it does not give you monitoring. you may want to look into getting a network management card such as AP9630 for each UPS so that you can access it via the network but that may be a little too costly if it is a home environment.

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Ogawa on APC forums on 3/25/2011

Hi,

So I can use only 1 USP with on PC.
It was just for monitoring.

Thank you.

HroSCeK_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/20/2011

i picKed a winna wrote:
yeah, for monitoring, you cant do it.
Could you please tell us HOW? I have the same problem - one PC and two Smart-UPS (2x 2200).. I would like to set up monitoring - no shutdown - just monitoring though PowerChute server and console. Is there a way of doing this without having two PCs or additional network cards?

EDIT: My bad 🙂 Never mind.. Note to self: next time read threads more slowly 🙂 "cant" is not the same as "can".. My apologies!

But as a suggestion, this option would be great! I have two Smart-UPS in one rack that has only basic network equipment (switches, routers, WiFi spots, PoE injectors, VoIP switches..) and no computers - those are in another rack in another location.. There is only one PC for backuping purposes and it's useless for connection with UPS since we have Linux Archlinux that can't handle RPM's.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 3/24/2011

the powerchute business edition software can only monitor one UPS and one computer at a time. you will need to install the powerchute software on a second computer or there are a few other options depending on what you want to do.

are you looking for just UPS status monitoring or are you looking to do graceful shutdown on the computer when both UPSs are turning off? please elaborate on your intentions of monitoring both UPSs and what you want to do and then we can make some suggestions.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 3/25/2011

yeah, for monitoring, you cant do it. for graceful shutdown, you can, but it does not give you monitoring. you may want to look into getting a network management card such as AP9630 for each UPS so that you can access it via the network but that may be a little too costly if it is a home environment.