Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84766members
354198posts

ES725 beeps all the time

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
frozenlead_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

ES725 beeps all the time

This was originally posted on APC forums on 2/18/2011

Hey, I've had my ES725 for a number of years. In janurary, I replaced the battery since the UPS kept on beeping and would not perform when unplugged. I replaced the battery on 1/18. Just today the UPS started beeping at random time intervals, sometimes 3 or 4 beeps, and I could hear some relay switching. I'm assuming it was turning on and off, but nothing else lost power in the room. I pulled the battery and it only tested 13V. Is my replacement battery borked?

Accepted Solutions
Elec_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Re: ES725 beeps all the time

This was originally posted on APC forums on 2/21/2011

you can test the battery in a simple way, unplug the input power cable of the ups and if the load still powered for a time this mean the
battery is in good condition.
in general a relay switching is caused by the input utility voltage (could be abnormal).
also try to change the power cable.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Jonathan on APC forums on 2/21/2011

Aside from the beeps and clicks, have you seen the behavior of the LED indicators? Is the beep pattern the same as when it is running on battery? Would you happen to have an APC PowerChute Personal Edition software installed on your machine? The software would help us monitor the power condition where the unit is plugged in and would give us an idea as well on what causes the relays/UPS to switch.

Elec_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 2/21/2011

you can test the battery in a simple way, unplug the input power cable of the ups and if the load still powered for a time this mean the
battery is in good condition.
in general a relay switching is caused by the input utility voltage (could be abnormal).
also try to change the power cable.