Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84331members
353498posts

Does APC UPS shutdown when low currect is being drawn during battery ops?

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
virgo17_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Does APC UPS shutdown when low currect is being drawn during battery ops?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/18/2012

I am looking to replace my ageing APC UPS with a newer model. I am looking at the Back-UPS CS 650.

During my research of some brands of UPS I notice that some brands have a 'low load switch off' designed to prevent deep discharge of the lead acid battery at low current. My UPS will only run a router, switch and VOIP base station which have a total consumption of about 10 watts. Because of this the 'low load switch off' would be a problem for me.

Can anyone let me know if APC UPS's also have this feature, which I do not require. My old APC UPS doesn't and it works fine, I'm just worried that a newer model might go into shut-down if running on battery with such a low loading.

Thanks for any advice.

Ken.

Accepted Solutions
nael_apc
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Re: Does APC UPS shutdown when low currect is being drawn during battery ops?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/11/2013

In APC UPS model BR550G and BR900G this model have save power option you can use to shutdown your low power like Switch automatically check this link please,

BR550G
BR900G

See Answer In Context

5 Replies 5
abachan_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/3/2013

Hi Chris,

Would you please suggest me the model to go for?. I have a router/Switch which needs to be running and my UPS shutdown with such low load. Need your urgent help. Please,

I have a continious power outage in my Area and I need the UPS very very urgent.

BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 4/3/2013

What UPS are you using? How much runtime do you need on battery? I would think you can use most Back UPS models and just make sure if it has the master/controlled outlet feature that you don't use that. Beyond that, the UPS should remain running no matter if anything is plugged into it.

Depending on what you need for runtime/size, check into the Back UPS products for your region.

BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Chris on APC forums on 4/19/2012

Our UPS' do not have a feature such as to shut down the UPS based purely on a low load percentage. Please let us know if you have any questions.

virgo17_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/19/2012

Thank you for the info. Just what I wanted. Regards.

nael_apc
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/11/2013

In APC UPS model BR550G and BR900G this model have save power option you can use to shutdown your low power like Switch automatically check this link please,

BR550G
BR900G