Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82528members
350133posts

C3 A/V C Type filter

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
cuban3179_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

C3 A/V C Type filter

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/11/2010

I just purchaed and installed a new C3. The owners manual for it states that the overload light should be lit if it is working properly and be off if it was hit by a surge and the circuitry was damaged. Now on the other C type filters is states that it should turn on to let u know if you have too many components plugged in. I need to know is this light for the surge protection or for the overload and if it should be off or on.

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: C3 A/V C Type filter

This reply was originally posted by Laurie on APC forums on 3/11/2010

Yeah, I thought my reply implied the manual was incorrect, but you have your answer either way. 🙂

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
cuban3179_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Ok. I received a message from APC Technical Support. The overload light on the C3 only pertains to overload due to having to many components hooked up. It should remain off. They stated that the manual is incorrect in stating it is for surge protection and should be on unless it was damaged.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

The overload light is there to indicate too much equipment is plugged in. It should normally be off, meaning all is well. The "wiring ok" light is the one that indicates everything is working fine, and it should normally be on.

cuban3179_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

I know what the wiring ok light is for. As I stated the owner's manual states that the overload light should be lit unless it was hit by a surge and the circuitry damaged. The other manuals for the other C type filters state that it is for overload of equipment. What I want to know is whether the manual is correct and that is indeed how it should go or if it's incorrect and the light only pertains to overload and not protection from surge.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Yeah, I thought my reply implied the manual was incorrect, but you have your answer either way. 🙂