Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84475members
353691posts

Backup UPS LS 500 keeps beeping

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
novak92698_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

Backup UPS LS 500 keeps beeping

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/4/2010

I just replaced the battery with a new one I ordered from APC. The unit beeps intemitently and the red light flashes when it beeps. I keep getting a message through powershoot that the battery is disconnected and then a few seconds later I get a message that it is connected. I had this problem before I replaced the battery.

Accepted Solutions
shasuren_apc
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Re: Backup UPS LS 500 keeps beeping

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/13/2010

The Replacement Battery Flashing happens some times battery connections loose in the UPS or UPS unable to detect the Battery in it, in order to resolve the issue. Please check the Battery Connections are properly connected in the UPS, try to disconnect and reconnect it, it may happens some time loose connections in it. Please see Battery Replacement section of the User's Manual, or refer to the large yellow sticker which should also inform you of how to connect the battery for further instructions.

If still same issue persists, it indicates that UPS having some fault in it. The UPS needs to be repair or replace only.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
Techie_apc
Admiral
Admiral
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 3/5/2010

the flashing replace battery light indicates that the battery is not connected to the unit. It looks like that the battery sensor in the unit has gone bad. i would return the battery for refund and [trade in|http://www.apc.com/support/tradeups_program.cfm] to a new unit.

shasuren_apc
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/13/2010

The Replacement Battery Flashing happens some times battery connections loose in the UPS or UPS unable to detect the Battery in it, in order to resolve the issue. Please check the Battery Connections are properly connected in the UPS, try to disconnect and reconnect it, it may happens some time loose connections in it. Please see Battery Replacement section of the User's Manual, or refer to the large yellow sticker which should also inform you of how to connect the battery for further instructions.

If still same issue persists, it indicates that UPS having some fault in it. The UPS needs to be repair or replace only.