Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the Schneider Electric Community! We have moved to a new address: community.se.com — bookmark it today and contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions!
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82694members
350417posts

Back-UPS ES 350 beeps once then restarts my computer once a day?

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
tannerj_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Back-UPS ES 350 beeps once then restarts my computer once a day?

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/27/2011

This has happened the past 2 or 3 days. Every afternoon, I hear a click-beep then my computer restarts. Why is it doing this?

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: Back-UPS ES 350 beeps once then restarts my computer once a day?

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 4/28/2011

ok well the first thing i would try, if possible, is a pull plug test. remove the computer from the UPS and put something non critical on it, like a light or alarm clock (something you can tell when it goes on or off easily). then, unplug the AC power cord from the wall on the UPS and see if the load stays up.

the UPS is from 2007 so the battery is probably about 3.5-4 years old and may need replacing. you may be encountering a power event and the battery is getting close to dying and it may only support your computer briefly then go to a low battery condition or something. then it reboots the load if its switching back and forth. i am just guessing though.

the pull plug test will tell us a lot.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

we need to know the exact model and serial number from the white sticker on the back or bottom of the UPS. this will also tell the us the age.

has the UPS successfully gone to battery recently during a power outage/event and provided runtime for your computer without issue? do you notice any LEDs on the unit when this reboot happens?

and just to confirm, the unit is definitely plugged into battery backup + surge outlets I assume?

is the UPS data cable connected between the UPS and computer (if you have a model that has one)?

tannerj_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/28/2011

Responses below!

we need to know the exact model and serial number from the white sticker on the back or bottom of the UPS. this will also tell the us the age.
== The Top # is BE350R and the bottom is 3B0708X05307

has the UPS successfully gone to battery recently during a power outage/event and provided runtime for your computer without issue? do you notice any LEDs on the unit when this reboot happens?
== Maybe a few months ago when we had a power flicker, it stayed on. I'm not sure about the LED's because it is under my desk.

and just to confirm, the unit is definitely plugged into battery backup + surge outlets I assume?
== Yes, the computer is plugged into the battery backup + surge portion.

is the UPS data cable connected between the UPS and computer (if you have a model that has one)?
== No, there is no data cable connected.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

ok well the first thing i would try, if possible, is a pull plug test. remove the computer from the UPS and put something non critical on it, like a light or alarm clock (something you can tell when it goes on or off easily). then, unplug the AC power cord from the wall on the UPS and see if the load stays up.

the UPS is from 2007 so the battery is probably about 3.5-4 years old and may need replacing. you may be encountering a power event and the battery is getting close to dying and it may only support your computer briefly then go to a low battery condition or something. then it reboots the load if its switching back and forth. i am just guessing though.

the pull plug test will tell us a lot.