Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82122members
349628posts

BR900 Chirping and Flashing

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
awaschka_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

BR900 Chirping and Flashing

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/30/2011

I came in tonight and my BR900 is going through a cycle where it flashes all lights except the line indicator (which is always on solid) and chirps. The LEDs are flashing twice a second and the UPS is chirping every two seconds. After doing this for a while, it stops and only the green line indicator is on. After a while it starts flashing and chirping again. I can't find this in the manual or a search here in the forums. What is going on?

Thanks,

Al

Accepted Solutions
JRM123_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Re: BR900 Chirping and Flashing

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/9/2011

I am having the same problem with a BR900 serial number 5B0709U00652, Made in Philippines purchased in 2007. I just bought and tried a new APC RBC32 battery. This did not fix the cycling/chirping problem.
What can be done to repair the BR900? Thank you.

See Answer In Context

5 Replies 5
juangele_apc
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/2/2011

Hi Al,

I apologize for a very late reply.

I would suggest if you have another similar working UPS, to swap the battery and see if problem will persist.

Depending on the serial number, if problem persist even w/ a good known battery, i would suggest a whole unit replacement.

juangele_apc
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 10/31/2011

Hi Al,

When all lights are flashing, does the load drop? What's the serial number of this UPS? And how long have you been using the unit?

awaschka_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/3/2011

Thanks -

I don't have the serial number handy right now, nor do I know how long I have had the unit, but it is more than a year, maybe two or more and I have not had to replace the batteries. But I don't want to go buy batteries if there is something wrong in the UPS itself. It would seem that the manual or somewhere in the support area I should be able to find out what this flashing means, but I can't.

awaschka_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/3/2011

Sorry, didn't answer your other question. It does not drop the load.

JRM123_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 12/9/2011

I am having the same problem with a BR900 serial number 5B0709U00652, Made in Philippines purchased in 2007. I just bought and tried a new APC RBC32 battery. This did not fix the cycling/chirping problem.
What can be done to repair the BR900? Thank you.