Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84248members
353347posts

BE 700Y-IN, newly bought, need to first-time-charge it.

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
mrxlsx_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

BE 700Y-IN, newly bought, need to first-time-charge it.

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/26/2013

Hello all,

I have just bough the APC BE 700Y-IN UPS. I need to charge it for the first time. How can I do it, please tell me in a detailed manner?

Also let me know for the first time, How much time it should be charged for best performance of the UPS?

Tags (3)

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: BE 700Y-IN, newly bought, need to first-time-charge it.

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 6/26/2013

Your UPS should've come with instructions on connecting the battery so you'll want to do that first. Then, connect your UPS to the wall outlet or AC power and as long as it is connected to power (whether is on or off), it will charge the battery. You'll want to let it charge for 24-48 hours and at this time, you can plug in your equipment and turn it on but understand that during this time, if you have an outage, you may not see full runtime. If you prefer, you can just plug the UPS in and let it charge for 24-48 hours before turning it on and connecting equipment so that you don't have to worry about a low battery runtime.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Your UPS should've come with instructions on connecting the battery so you'll want to do that first. Then, connect your UPS to the wall outlet or AC power and as long as it is connected to power (whether is on or off), it will charge the battery. You'll want to let it charge for 24-48 hours and at this time, you can plug in your equipment and turn it on but understand that during this time, if you have an outage, you may not see full runtime. If you prefer, you can just plug the UPS in and let it charge for 24-48 hours before turning it on and connecting equipment so that you don't have to worry about a low battery runtime.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

Great!

mrxlsx_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/26/2013

Thank you, Angela! I will let you know if I face any further issues day after tomorrow after the full charge.