Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the Schneider Electric Community! We have moved to a new address: community.se.com — bookmark it today and contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions!
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82695members
350419posts

BACK UPS ES 700 controlled outlets stopped powering off

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Darcey
Cadet
0 Likes

BACK UPS ES 700 controlled outlets stopped powering off

I have always used this UPS with the controlled outlet feature enabled and it has worked without issue for several years.

Recently, power to the controlled outlets is no longer truned off when the computer (on master outlet) is shut down or put to sleep.

What I have tried:

1. recallibrate the threshold with PC powered up, disconnected, powered off, and in suspend.

2. 'reset' the UPS by disconnecting mains, removing battery, leaving it for a while, then powering up on battery only. Then connecting mains.

Also, since this issue started a couple of days ago, I have noticed the PC has powered up in the middle of the night (from a power off state NOT sleep). With this particular PC, this can happen if you disconnect & reconnect mains with or without UPS). This suggests (to me) that the UPS may have momentarily cut power to the master outlet.

The current battery (9Ah) is about 6 months old.

What might cause the controlled outlets to stop powering down and what might I try to fix it?

Also, if it is a fault I cannot fix, what is the recommended replacement? It seems current APC BACK UPS line up do not offer the controlled outlet feature.

Many thanks.

Tags (1)