Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82121members
349628posts

APC Home UPS switches to battery mode even though there is no power failure

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
goku_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/31/2013

I'm facing this strange problem for the last couple of months. All of a sudden my Home UPS 850 VA beeps 4 times and switches to battery mode and the battery LED lights up even though there is no power failure.

After few hours it switches back to main power but sometimes it never switches back to main power resulting in battery completely draining out and the UPS switches off.

I have to remove the mains power chord connected to the UPS and plug it into the power socket where the UPS is plugged to get the power back. Kindly help!

Model number: BI850SINE

Serial number: EB1143004463

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: APC Home UPS switches to battery mode even though there is no power failure

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 5/31/2013

How are you able to verify there is no power failure? Is the voltage displayed on the front panel anywhere? (We don't have these in North America so I am not sure).

I also found this:

1192_homeinverter.jpg

See Answer In Context

goku_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/1/2013

I can verify there is no power failure by checking the mains switch which will be turned on but the UPS will be running in battery mode instead of running on mains power.

See Answer In Context

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Edward on APC forums on 6/17/2013

I have had similar problems with my UPS. One or two times a week my UPS would beep and PowerChute would warn me of a power loss. The computer would stay on battery power from 1 second to 15 minutes. I did not lose AC power. My lights did not even flicker. It has been doing this for years.

I mentioned the problem one time to APC support. They told me that it could be caused by voltage fluctuations or spikes. It was suggested that I go into PowerChute Configuration and set the Sensitivity to Medium. This has helped some but has not totally solved the problem.

Model: APC Back-UPS RS 800VA 120V Black (BR800BLK).

See Answer In Context

Nayeemulla_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 4/24/2017

Same poblem

See Answer In Context

Nayeemulla_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

On 5/31/2013 2:21 PM, Arun said:

I'm facing this strange problem for the last couple of months. All of a sudden my Home UPS 850 VA beeps 4 times and switches to battery mode and the battery LED lights up even though there is no power failure.

After few hours it switches back to main power but sometimes it never switches back to main power resulting in battery completely draining out and the UPS switches off.

I have to remove the mains power chord connected to the UPS and plug it into the power socket where the UPS is plugged to get the power back. Kindly help!

See Answer In Context

rudraapc_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/30/2018

me too facing the similar issue

See Answer In Context

KrazyKarvs_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/9/2018

Hi Arun,

Even I'm facing the same issue with my recently bought UPS.

Did you get any resolution for this?

See Answer In Context

8 Replies 8
goku_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 5/31/2013

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 5/31/2013

How are you able to verify there is no power failure? Is the voltage displayed on the front panel anywhere? (We don't have these in North America so I am not sure).

I also found this:

1192_homeinverter.jpg

goku_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 6/1/2013

I can verify there is no power failure by checking the mains switch which will be turned on but the UPS will be running in battery mode instead of running on mains power.

BillP
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Edward on APC forums on 6/17/2013

I have had similar problems with my UPS. One or two times a week my UPS would beep and PowerChute would warn me of a power loss. The computer would stay on battery power from 1 second to 15 minutes. I did not lose AC power. My lights did not even flicker. It has been doing this for years.

I mentioned the problem one time to APC support. They told me that it could be caused by voltage fluctuations or spikes. It was suggested that I go into PowerChute Configuration and set the Sensitivity to Medium. This has helped some but has not totally solved the problem.

Model: APC Back-UPS RS 800VA 120V Black (BR800BLK).

Nayeemulla_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Same poblem

Nayeemulla_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

On 5/31/2013 2:21 PM, Arun said:

rudraapc_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/30/2018

me too facing the similar issue

KrazyKarvs_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 11/9/2018

Hi Arun,

Even I'm facing the same issue with my recently bought UPS.

Did you get any resolution for this?