Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84865members
354354posts

APC ES 550 Constant Alarm Sound

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
epaulson_apc
Cadet
0 Likes

APC ES 550 Constant Alarm Sound

This was originally posted on APC forums on 8/11/2011

Hello All,

I came home this afternoon and my backup was emitting a high pitched constant sound and my computer was off. There are 4 outlets in the "battery backup" section and they don't appear to be working. The 4 outlets in the "surge suppression" section appear to be fine. I was browsing some of the threads and am I correct in assuming that I need a replacement battery? I've had the unit for almost 4 years with no problems whatsoever. Will the replacement battery resolve this? Thank you so much for your help!

Accepted Solutions
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: APC ES 550 Constant Alarm Sound

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 8/12/2011

what was the LED doing? the user's guide will have status indicators but it usually relies on what you see on the unit with no tone. without checking, i believe a constant tone with no LED is actually an overload shutdown. we can verify in the manual though. first i just wanted to check what the exact "ES 550" model you have is - it will be on the white sticker of the UPS. BE550R or BE550G? I think they both are the same indicators though, no matter which unit, but I better just ask.

See Answer In Context

1 Reply 1
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

Re: APC ES 550 Constant Alarm Sound

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 8/12/2011

what was the LED doing? the user's guide will have status indicators but it usually relies on what you see on the unit with no tone. without checking, i believe a constant tone with no LED is actually an overload shutdown. we can verify in the manual though. first i just wanted to check what the exact "ES 550" model you have is - it will be on the white sticker of the UPS. BE550R or BE550G? I think they both are the same indicators though, no matter which unit, but I better just ask.