Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82506members
350107posts

AP9631 all LED lights fails to turn on, is it dead?

APC UPS for Home and Office Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our APC offers including Home Office UPS, Surge Protectors, UTS, software and services and associated products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

jngo_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

AP9631 all LED lights fails to turn on, is it dead?

Hello everyone,

I just want to reconfirm if this card is dead before ordering a new one

We have the SMX1500rm2U for sometimes and my friend gave me his old, used AP9631 (NMC 2). He told me it's been unused for a while so he's unsure if the card is usable or not. 

I plug it in the slot (pin 1 and 2 longer than the rest so it's hot-swappable), the card won't turn on. The ethernet connection LED lights are all off

Is there a way I can check if the card is dead or just need reset?  If it's not dead, is there a way I can somehow "reset" it using a serial cable?

Thank you

Tags (1)
1 Reply 1
LarryK
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Re: AP9631 all LED lights fails to turn on, is it dead?

You haven't mentioned whether you've plugged an Ethernet cable connected to your network into the card.  If you haven't, then the lights don't go on.  With a network connection, they should.

Here's the link to the appropriate knowledge base article that describes what the lights indicate: https://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs/FA265129/

Tags (1)