Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84522members
353759posts

PCNS 2.2.4 ESXi Annoyance

APC UPS Data Center & Enterprise Solutions Forum

Schneider Electric support forum for our Data Center and Business Power UPS, UPS Accessories, Software, Services, and associated commercial products designed to share knowledge, installation, and configuration.

Solved
TAC_apc
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

PCNS 2.2.4 ESXi Annoyance

This was originally posted on APC forums on 1/31/2011

I have installed PCNS 2.2.4 into the vMA of an ESXi 4.1 server. It properly communicates with the associated NMC and performs correctly. However, it reports all the activities in Eastern Standard Time. I don't know where it's picking up that time zone and can't find anywhere to change it. In the vSphere client the time shows up correctly. Checking date inside the vMA from the CLI also shows the correct time and timezone. The date and time setting in the NMC is correct and is set to synch with NTP with correct time zone.

Any ideas on how to show the PCNS Event Logs to report in the same time zone as everything else? TIA

Accepted Solutions
Tehpro_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

Re: PCNS 2.2.4 ESXi Annoyance

This was originally posted on APC forums on 7/15/2011

It seems that I found a solution (link and quote below) but I can't figure out how to edit clock file. I'm not a linux user and also cant figure out how to edit clock file which is read-only file and I'm loged in as vi-admin.

[http://emea-en.apc.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10728/~/events-log-in-powerchute-network-shutdown-esx...]

PCNS uses a standard java function to retrieve the current date from the system when writing events to the log. The Problem on the VIMA is that this function always returns the US date format (PDT).

This is an issue with Java http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6456628

You can correct the time issue on VIMA by modifying /etc/sysconfig/clock file.

+/etc/sysconfig/clock contains a line ZONE="America/Los_Angeles"+

You need to edit the ZONE= to match your region such as ZONE="America/New_York"

NOTE: Be sure to make a copy of the clock file before editing.

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
BillP
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
0 Likes

This reply was originally posted by Angela on APC forums on 2/1/2011

hmm ok i checked on this and it is supposed to come from the vMA client.

can you provide is screenshots or something that shows what you checked so that we can compare the times? i'll need to provide this to the PCNS folks so we can get you an answer.

thanks!

Tehpro_apc
Ensign
Ensign
0 Likes

This was originally posted on APC forums on 7/15/2011

It seems that I found a solution (link and quote below) but I can't figure out how to edit clock file. I'm not a linux user and also cant figure out how to edit clock file which is read-only file and I'm loged in as vi-admin.

[http://emea-en.apc.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10728/~/events-log-in-powerchute-network-shutdown-esx...]

PCNS uses a standard java function to retrieve the current date from the system when writing events to the log. The Problem on the VIMA is that this function always returns the US date format (PDT).

This is an issue with Java http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6456628

You can correct the time issue on VIMA by modifying /etc/sysconfig/clock file.

+/etc/sysconfig/clock contains a line ZONE="America/Los_Angeles"+

You need to edit the ZONE= to match your region such as ZONE="America/New_York"

NOTE: Be sure to make a copy of the clock file before editing.