My basic problem SmartConnector seems to be using an excessive amount of memory and becomes unresponsive after about 12-16 hours for running. I’ve used SmartConnector before and I have never run into these issues. We only have one endpoint setup to connect to the Enterprise Server, and then we have 3 different programs issuing subscriptions to the endpoint. All together SmartConnector is probably serving up around 1000 points between all 3 of the programs. After 12-16 hours SmartConnector will become unresponsive to subscription request, however the SmartConnector service is still running and is using around 2GB of memory. Trying to stop the service at this point is ineffective and I basically have to go into task manager and stop the process. There is nothing useful in the log file with the default filters on.
For right now I setup a program to restart the SmartConnector service once an hour and that seems to be working. But I would like to get to bottom of the real problem. What log file options should I turn on to help diagnose this problem?
I’ve got a fresh install of SmartConnector (2.5) installed on Windows Server 2022 Machine. The machine has a quadcore CPU, 16 GB of memory, and plenty of hard drive space. SmartConnector is installed using a Microsoft SQLExpress database.
Attached is a trend of a point we are gathering with the SmartConnector End Point.
Sounds like you have the same issue as me ☹️ and the same temporary work around! I have two REST clients and each has a separate endpoint configured, but pointing to the same server. My issues only came about when I created the second endpoint. 🤔
Keep me updated on if your issue gets resolved. I can't really do too much on the machine I'm having an issue with atm (customer has a lot going on right now). I may see if I can replicate the issue on one of our local test machine when I get some free time.
try clearing the memory cache in sc. this may have been resolved with newer sc framework packages.