I have a hard time communicating ControlSee with Building Operations. Seemingly everything works well (SmartConnector notices if ControlSee is restarting and I can perform HMS discovery via Workstation). But values and ControlSee folders doesn't update, neither in SmartConnector nor Workstation. Later I will provide more information on this subject, but maybe you have any thought what's can be the reason?
1. Please send me screen captures of your setup and update processor. Especially the control tab of your settings.
2. What OPC server is in use? Is it DA or UA OPC server?
3. Are you able to connect to the OPC server and see values using the Matrikon OPC Explorer? (it is installed with the EBO-OPC Client)
4. Please send me the log files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Control-See\EBO-OPC Client\Logs
5. Can I connect to your server to assist?
I've got whole thing to work. Each group on EBOOPC had to be deleted. After adding totally new items, values become apparent in SBO. Metrikon OPC explorer was working fine the whole time. Connecting to our server won't be possible.
But with whole thing working, I've stumbled upon some inconveniences. First of all, groups need to be deleted before transmission can begin. Second, each tag is basicly treated as string - can I change it somehow? Maybe allow to tags automaticly gets same type, as an OPC tag?
Thank you for your feedback.
See my answers below.
1. It is not required to delete OPC groups. Let me know if you want me to connect to your server and see this problem.
2. Yes. The tags are treated as string type. Can you please tell me what is the problem with it? We will check if we can set the same type as the OPC tag.
By the way, After you host the EWS server in the EBO, you need to open its properties and modify the "Alarm Polling" property to "Disabled". The default value is "Enabled". See the attached screen capture.
This may solve connection issues between the EBO and the EWS server.