I would like to use smart connector to expose API endpoints such that I can read and write data to EBO from 3rd party APIs.
Smart connector have been setup at localhost:8082 which is also the same server as EBO.
I am unsure of the concept of EWS so I tried various ways which all didnt work for me.
First way is to connect smart connector endpoint to EBO's EWS:
1) Enable EWS Server: Server -> EcoStruxure Web Services -> Server Configuration -> Enable EWS Server
2) Add User -> Server -> Domains -> Local -> Users -> Add SmartUser with Administrator Group
3) Add new Endpoint in SmartConnector -> RestExtensions.SoapEwsRestProvider -> Stuck at server Address
I am unsure what would be the server address of the EBO's EWS as it isnt stated anywhere after toggling
I then tried to connect EBO to SmartConnector's EWS instead:
1) Create EWS Server: http://localhost:51350/EcoStruxure/DataExchange
2) Add new Endpoint in SmartConnector -> SoapEwsRestProvider -> EWS Server from step 1
3) In EBO create EWS Interface to EWS Server from step 1 (Started with Version 1.2 and not offline)
4) Open swagger url from step 2
5) Tried to login to swagger with user from EBO and SmartConnector, invalid user and password
I am really lost right now on just setting up the connection, would like to get some help from the experts here!
EWS settings looks fine, the server address in the endpoint should be like this: http://localhost:81/EcoStruxure/DataExchange where my ES is running on the same machine on port 81 for HTTP
It seems the user created in EBO is the issue, using the default admin, I am able to connect.
Weird that both admin and my SmartUser have the exact same settings
I have seen in the past some issues with special chars in the PWD, especially "@" but not sure this is still the case, can you try to change the PWD
tried changing to same password as the admin, same issue,
Server EWS Version turns to ? the moment it is saved
Please check the permissions of the new user, must be in that direction..
If the admin account can connect / is working than the SC endpoint is set correct, the EWS settings are correct, so only thing that could block it are the user settings like PWD and permissions..
Edit: is the new user member of the local domain? or customer domain? as far as ik know it must be a local domain member..
the user is in local domain, able to login and all too,
I guess i will just move on to writing the smartconnector extension first with admin
Thanks a bunch for your help though!
search for the smartconnector success kit on this forum. it may help you figure out your user issue.