Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84589members
353854posts

Wiser X Series Plugs and Switches With Wiser Energy Shows Clearly Wrong Power Spikes !

Schneider Electric Wiser Forum

Connect with Wiser Smart Home solution experts in the Schneider Electric Wiser forum. Discuss tips on features, updates, installation, and how to get the most out of your Wiser products.

kkranen
Crewman
Crewman

Wiser X Series Plugs and Switches With Wiser Energy Shows Clearly Wrong Power Spikes !

I just installed 3 Wiser X Series Plugs (2) and Switches(1) and love them because they integrate with my Wiser Energy / Sense monitor to help collect power data from devices that the Wiser Energy app can't detect.  Unfortunately, the Wiser X Series monitoring occasionally injects bad crazy large measurements over to the Wiser Energy.  I've seen a few 1 MW spikes in my Wiser Energy, but here's what I'm seeing this week. 

My Wiser Home App shows a mild-mannered Intel NUC using slightly over 4W continuously. 

IMG_622DA8BC0EEF-1.png

My Wiser Energy App shows the same 4W mild-mannered NUC that goes on occasional power hungry 15kW binges 😉

IMG_67B413F46C64-1.png

Tags (1)
5 Replies 5
Dcdyer
Crewman
Crewman

Re: Wiser X Series Plugs and Switches With Wiser Energy Shows Clearly Wrong Power Spikes !

On 8/9/2022, 

I have the following Wiser devices installed:

• 3-way switch
  • Dimmer switch
  • Wall receptacle
  • Plug-in receptacle

I am also seeing the same issues.  My data is showing 1,000,000+ watt spikes being recorded from the devices.

1. Is there an upper limit filter on the device firmware that limits excessive values? 
  2. What is the latest SE device firmware version?

Wiser Android phone APP version:        1.2.0(35)

Wiser smart device version:                   ADA 1.7-eng esp-idfv4.1 2021-10-27 08:19:45 stanko/wb/cfe49badd

SE Device type/model:                            SQR226U1WHW     Dimmer switch

The 'Dimmer Switch' is only rated for 15 AMPS!.  The value sent is excessive.

Taken on July 2Taken on July 2Taken on July 3Taken on July 3Taken on July 4Taken on July 4I

• Three screen shots on 3 different days, 3 different times.

Tags (1)
Edison517
Crewman
Crewman

Re: Wiser X Series Plugs and Switches With Wiser Energy Shows Clearly Wrong Power Spikes !

@Alfred_SE 

Just adding to this post that it's not an isolated issue; I'm seeing crazy huge, obviously incorrect, spikes here as well.

My firmware is ADA 1.7-eng esp-idf-v4.1 2021-10-27 08:19:45 and App version 1.2.0. I’m on iOS and my version ends with (11).

It seems to be garbage data (or missing data that's incorrectly back-filled?) that gets sent and recorded.

More info & reports here on the Sense forum:
https://community.sense.com/t/wiser-home-connected-devices-testing-overview/15726

wiser1.jpg

wiser2.jpg

Attachments
kkranen
Crewman
Crewman

@Alfred_SE,

I guess it is better to stick with the proven and reliable TP-Link / Kasa and Wemo smartplugs than use the more costly and problematic X-Series if you have a Wiser Energy or Sense unit ?  Wiser support seems unwilling to take a look at the issue and pretty clear that they have not qualified this integration even though Lowes is selling Wiser Energy and X-Series smartplugs as package.  I would prefer to post something about a solution, but it doesn't appear forthcoming. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 1.17.50 PM.png

Tags (1)
Otrip
Crewman
Crewman

I have also experienced issues with these Wiser X series switches.

The X-series dimmer switches flicker horribly when 7 8.5w dimmable led light bulbs are on the circuit. When 6 bulbs are connected the flickering is minimized. When the 7th bulb is replaced with a standard dimmable bulb the flickering is eliminated. I have done extensive additional testing to determine this is a design fault of the X series switches.

I also experience the huge power spikes in the Wiser energy monitor as detailed by others.

Tags (1)
Dcdyer
Crewman
Crewman

To: @Otrip

Would you please post more details, dates, times, screenshots of your huge excessive power spikes.   Also have you entered a support ticket to Wiser?

You can email your support ticket issues to:

Send to these three addresses:

1. wiser_support@schneider-electric.com (This is Level 1 SE help desk side)
  2. Jon.Lifferth@us.schneider-electric.com (This is Level 3 SE side. Very knowledgeable Engineer.)
  3. wisersupport@sense.com                      (This is Level 1 SENSE help desk)

Thanks for responding and confirming that this is a problem with their product and not just a single individual user issue.

Tags (1)