Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84561members
353829posts

EVLink Load Management System - Direct Serial Connection Communication Settings

Power Distribution and Digital

Join experts & peers to learn, share and engage about the key trends of electrical distribution around safety, availability, efficiency and connectivity, as well as power standards & regulations. From design to implementation and operation, let’s discuss how digital and software are transforming your business and your day-to-day work.

Solved
swil
Commander
Commander

Hi,

I can't seem to find an EVLInk forum. Is there one?

The HMIBSCEA53D1EDS LMS system installation guide and user guide do not seem to indicate what serial settings are appropriate for direct serial connection to a meter, or wiring connections.

I'm trying to connect an iEM3455 LVCT meter to the LMS.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
adrien-g
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

Dear @swil , 

Thank you for your question. You will find below some details on the way to connect a Power Meter to EVlink LMS using a Modbus Serial connection.

The picture below gives you information about plug and connectors to make the physical connection within your installation.

LMS RTUR cabling V0.jpg

You will find attach a datasheet of a sample 'USB to RS485' Serial Converter cable that we used to do such installation.

The picture below explains how to configure the Powermeter during the configuration. The RTU option has to be checked

EVlinkLMS_PM_Configuration.jpeg

I hope that these information will help you. Feel free to come back to us if you have additional question.

See Answer In Context

Attachments
Tags (1)
adrien-g
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

I have two additional questions: 1. Have you used this method to cRe: EVLink Load Management System - Direct Serial Connection Communication Settings

Dear swil,

Baud rate is '19200' and parity is 'none' which i guess are the default settings. COM.Protection has to be set to disable as well.

The serial connector should work as well for Direct Serial Connection with the Power Meter.

Adrien

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
5 Replies 5
J_Travostino
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Re: EVLink Load Management System - Direct Serial Connection Communication Settings

Hello @swil 

Thanks for reaching us.

As we currently do not have a dedicated forum on EVLink, you are at the right place.

We'll be back to you pretty soon.

BR

Julien Travostino
Power Distribution & Digital forum community owner
Power Products Div.
Tags (1)
adrien-g
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

Dear @swil , 

Thank you for your question. You will find below some details on the way to connect a Power Meter to EVlink LMS using a Modbus Serial connection.

The picture below gives you information about plug and connectors to make the physical connection within your installation.

LMS RTUR cabling V0.jpg

You will find attach a datasheet of a sample 'USB to RS485' Serial Converter cable that we used to do such installation.

The picture below explains how to configure the Powermeter during the configuration. The RTU option has to be checked

EVlinkLMS_PM_Configuration.jpeg

I hope that these information will help you. Feel free to come back to us if you have additional question.

Attachments
Tags (1)
swil
Commander
Commander

Re: EVLink Load Management System - Direct Serial Connection Communication Settings

Thank you, @adrien-g. I will try to locate that USB hardware.  The only hint as to how to connect LMS directly to serial meters in the user manual/installation is shown in the attached image.

I have two additional questions:

1. Have you used this method to connect a iEM3x5x meter directly over serial to an LMS unit? 

2. Were the baud rate / parity settings used the factory default settings for the iEM3x5x meter?

Attachments
Tags (1)
adrien-g
Ensign Ensign
Ensign

I have two additional questions: 1. Have you used this method to cRe: EVLink Load Management System - Direct Serial Connection Communication Settings

Dear swil,

Baud rate is '19200' and parity is 'none' which i guess are the default settings. COM.Protection has to be set to disable as well.

The serial connector should work as well for Direct Serial Connection with the Power Meter.

Adrien

Tags (1)
SebTTG
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Great sharing ! Thanks

STT - EcoXpert LV & MV badge owner
Tags (1)