Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84406members
353599posts

dividable current transformers

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
j_graefe_beenen
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

dividable current transformers

Does Schneider have dividable current transformers?

If not can anybody reccommend an alternative ?

Accepted Solutions
Daniel_Brandao
Lt. Commander Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

Re: dividable current transformers

We do have some split core CTs that we use with BCPM meters, but they are all 1/3V output. If you are interested, please take a look at the latest BCPM catalogue available on shopping Kiosk. As for 5A output, we do have options as well, but I'm afraid they are not split core. Please take a look here: http://www.schneider-electric.com/products/ww/en/4100-power-energy-monitoring-system/4155-current-tr...

I also know that we have someone in our team looking into options to bring split core CTs to our offer, but as far as I know we don't have a firm time line for that yet. His name is

See Answer In Context

7 Replies 7
sesa50168
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

Hi Jos -

By dividable, do you mean split core transformers, which can be opened to fit around the conductor?  If so, then yes, Schneider does have some.  What ampacity do you need?  What secondary output is needed?  Depending on the specific requirements Marc Kaikati or Daniel Brandao may be able to help you.

j_graefe_beenen
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG
0 Likes

Hi John.

I need 300 A . I prefer 300/5 transformer. And yes splitcore because we want to measure different groups at different times. The split core CT's are not in the pricelist we got from .

sesa50168
0 Likes

Daniel and Marc -

What can we offer Jos?

Regards,

John

j_graefe_beenen
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Maybe should ask Daniel and Marc this in person?

Just an update to get this on top of the list again

Adam_Hardman
Commander Commander
Commander
0 Likes

User Tip. If you use the @ symbol before a persons name you can trigger a notice to the person you are referring to.

For example:

Daniel_Brandao
Lt. Commander Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
0 Likes

We do have some split core CTs that we use with BCPM meters, but they are all 1/3V output. If you are interested, please take a look at the latest BCPM catalogue available on shopping Kiosk. As for 5A output, we do have options as well, but I'm afraid they are not split core. Please take a look here: http://www.schneider-electric.com/products/ww/en/4100-power-energy-monitoring-system/4155-current-tr...

I also know that we have someone in our team looking into options to bring split core CTs to our offer, but as far as I know we don't have a firm time line for that yet. His name is

sesa22904
Crewman
Crewman

The current split core project targets IEC markets in its 1st phase, planned to be released in 2014. The 2nd step, UL, is not formaly planned so far.