Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84392members
353580posts

PM5000 on idustrial Ethernet networks ? Ethernet/IP and ProfiNet ?

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
j_graefe_beenen
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

PM5000 on idustrial Ethernet networks ? Ethernet/IP and ProfiNet ?

Are there any plans to implement the industrial ethernet protocols Ethernet/Ip and Profinet on the PM5000 series? This would make them more useful when monitorng energy on control systems. (PLC / DCS)  The competitors are offering alternatives for this. For Example the Siemens PAC3200 serie on ProfiNet. And the Janitza UMG96RM-EL . (now on Modbus TCP but ProfiNet is coming.

Accepted Solutions
Daniel_Brandao
Lt. Commander Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Re: PM5000 on idustrial Ethernet networks ? Ethernet/IP and ProfiNet ?

I do have plans to open an evolution project to address this need. I am currently looking for data to build the business case, so any information you have , please share it with me. And , we also have plans to include Bacnet as an evolution. At this point I am unclear which one would open more opportunities for PM5000 sales, Industrial protocols (Ethernet IP, Profinet) or Buildings protocols (Bacnet). I am leaning towards industrial protocols, since we already have a strong offer for buildings (iEM3000). Your thoughts are appreciated.

See Answer In Context

4 Replies 4
JamesAZZO
Sisko | EcoXpert Master Sisko | EcoXpert Master
Sisko | EcoXpert Master
0 Likes

I don't think so. Only BMS protocols are coming if I'm not mistaken.

Daniel_Brandao
Lt. Commander Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

I do have plans to open an evolution project to address this need. I am currently looking for data to build the business case, so any information you have , please share it with me. And , we also have plans to include Bacnet as an evolution. At this point I am unclear which one would open more opportunities for PM5000 sales, Industrial protocols (Ethernet IP, Profinet) or Buildings protocols (Bacnet). I am leaning towards industrial protocols, since we already have a strong offer for buildings (iEM3000). Your thoughts are appreciated.

JamesAZZO
Sisko | EcoXpert Master Sisko | EcoXpert Master
Sisko | EcoXpert Master
0 Likes

Great. We're hearing a lot of people ask for BACnet IP in the new Ethernet meters (PM5000s +), but as you said, for BACnet MSTP and LONWorks, we're totally covered now.

Kelvinong
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Since PM5560 supports Ethernet/IP, does it comes with EDS file for easy integration with Industrial PLC?

Thank you.