Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84394members
353580posts

How can I read the status of M7650 Digital inputs and out puts via Modbus

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
sesa38559
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

How can I read the status of M7650 Digital inputs and out puts via Modbus

Hi Folks , how can I read , via modbus. the Inputs on M7650.

"Modbus addresses for inputs DI1-8 and SI1-8"

Thanks 🙂

Accepted Solutions
sesa64419
0 Likes

Re: How can I read the status of M7650 Digital inputs and out puts via Modbus

You can also use the ION Setup Assistant, rather than go into the module level Advanced mode.

Connect to your meter using ION Setup

Open the Setup Assistant for your meter

Go to Communications > third party protocols.

In the Modbus Slave tab, select the Modbus map that you want to configure (meters ship with a Modbus map called "Default"). Click Edit to view the map.

In the viewing screen you have the option to Add values, Edit existing values, and Delete values. When you Add values you get a configuration screen that lets you define the source ION value (in your case, the I/O module outputs) the format and scaling.

Click OK to save your changes to the meter.

See Answer In Context

3 Replies 3
sesa186702
0 Likes

Hi Pat O'Neill,

You can use IONSetup to configure "Modbus Slave Module" ( Display in Advanced option in ION 7650 Meter ) to mapping the signals ( DI, DO ) to Modbus Register address

Please refer the guide for mapping signal to Modbus Slave Module

In Step 2: Check on "Single ION device..." and enter IP address of ION Meter

Show Advanced option in Page 4 of 9

In Step 4: You can use what area you want to mapping, Amp/Frequency...Kw/Kvar...are the default defination in ION Meter. You can rename these Area if you want

Then, you can delete Source x and Edit to "Digital In Module" or "Digital OUT module" and link to State of Sx

Then, you need pay attention to the Register Address and some properties in "Setup Register" tab ( Base Address, Format...)

Finally, Click Send to "download" configuration to IONMeter

You need to test by yourself because I just do it for mapping Electrical para before, DI and DO havve not been tested

Attachments
sesa38559
0 Likes

Many thanks for your help

Pat O'Neill

Schneider Electric Ireland.

+353 87 252 4855

sesa64419
0 Likes

You can also use the ION Setup Assistant, rather than go into the module level Advanced mode.

Connect to your meter using ION Setup

Open the Setup Assistant for your meter

Go to Communications > third party protocols.

In the Modbus Slave tab, select the Modbus map that you want to configure (meters ship with a Modbus map called "Default"). Click Edit to view the map.

In the viewing screen you have the option to Add values, Edit existing values, and Delete values. When you Add values you get a configuration screen that lets you define the source ION value (in your case, the I/O module outputs) the format and scaling.

Click OK to save your changes to the meter.