Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84863members
354353posts

Having trouble capturing a 256 samples/cycle waveform with the PM8000...

Metering & Power Quality

Collaborate with multiple experts and discuss various topics about Power Meters and Power Quality. From design & implementation to troubleshooting and more, get support from experts and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Exchange forum today.

Solved
daniel_parker_p
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Having trouble capturing a 256 samples/cycle waveform with the PM8000...

Hi all,

When I select 256x7 waveform format in the PM8000 (whether through ION Setup or Designer), I don't get the waveform tick boxes to graph in PME after a manual trigger. I have no problem capturing 128x14 or any of the other format waveforms in the PM8000. In the screen shot below/attached, I have currents set at 128 and Voltages set to 256 to demonstrate.  The voltages do not have the tick boxes and the currents do.  (If all V & I are set to 128 then I get all V & I tick boxes, if all are set to 256 I get no tick boxes). My other settings seem OK (Depth: 30, Circular, Delay/Post: 3 (and tried 0)).

Dan

Attachments

Accepted Solutions
daniel_parker_p
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Having trouble capturing a 256 samples/cycle waveform with the PM8000...

Global Support gave us the solution.

Its just a matter of changing the default SQL query associated with the sag/swell button on the PM8000 Power Quality Page.

1. Right click sag/swell button in Vista, go to "Query" tab, "Edit SQL",

2. Modify the query to return data of higher sampling frequency: i.e. change "WHERE SamplingFrequency < 8000" to "WHERE SamplingFrequency < 15000 to view 256 samples/cycle waveforms (i.e. 12,800 samples per second for 50Hz). Note that it needs changing in multiple places...

See Answer In Context

2 Replies 2
daniel_parker_p
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
0 Likes

Hi all,

I just thought I'd update you on this. Power Solutions Global Tech Support have replicated this issue in PME 8.1 and 8.2. It appears to be an "out-of-the-box" issue with PME. The waveforms are being captured but not collected by PME for this particular device and waveform format. It has been passed to software R&D.... I'll keep this updated....

daniel_parker_p
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Global Support gave us the solution.

Its just a matter of changing the default SQL query associated with the sag/swell button on the PM8000 Power Quality Page.

1. Right click sag/swell button in Vista, go to "Query" tab, "Edit SQL",

2. Modify the query to return data of higher sampling frequency: i.e. change "WHERE SamplingFrequency < 8000" to "WHERE SamplingFrequency < 15000 to view 256 samples/cycle waveforms (i.e. 12,800 samples per second for 50Hz). Note that it needs changing in multiple places...