Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the Schneider Electric Community! We have moved to a new address: community.se.com — bookmark it today and contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions!
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82787members
350615posts

Modbus simulation in machine expert

Industry Automation and Control Forum

This forum is addressing industrial automation design & engineering, operations, asset performance, cyber security and digital transformation for Plants & Machines.

MedSelmi
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

Modbus simulation in machine expert

Hello,

I am newbie with shneider software, I am using machine expert v2.0 and I am trying to simulate my m241 project with modbus slave simulator even when I simulate 2 plcs M241 ( 2 projects) there is no data exchange via Modbus Tcp/ip.

Can you help me please? Shall I use Read_VAR or only generic modbus Tcp slave configuration ?

3 Replies 3
BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock

Re: Modbus simulation in machine expert

I haven't used the Machine Expert platform, but typically when running code in a Simulator, field communications (including Modbus) aren't operative.

You'd need to use real hardware to get the Modbus communications working (typically).

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..
Tags (1)
MedSelmi
Crewman
Crewman
0 Likes

@BevanWeiss wrote:

I haven't used the Machine Expert platform, but typically when running code in a Simulator, field communications (including Modbus) aren't operative.

You'd need to use real hardware to get the Modbus communications working (typically).

Thank you for your response. I know that serial communications need real HW but with tcp/ip communications we can simulate as you see in attachment I was able to do that with Control expert v15 and modbus poll.  ControlExpert.png

BevanWeiss
Spock
Spock
0 Likes

The online manual seems to refer to simulation here

https://product-help.schneider-electric.com/Machine%20Expert/V2.0/en/exTcpUdp/index.htm#rhfulllayout...

Lead Control Systems Engineer for Alliance Automation (VIC).
All opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions or policies of my employer, or of my cat..
Tags (1)