Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84439members
353639posts

Reading 3rd party devices via SNMP

Gateways and Energy Servers

Get expert answers to your questions regarding Schneider Electric Gateways & Energy Servers, from product selection to implementation and troubleshooting. Collaborate with a global community of experts and peers, get support and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Community Gateways and Energy Servers forum today.

Solved
eRicC
Lieutenant | EcoXpert Master Lieutenant | EcoXpert Master
Lieutenant | EcoXpert Master
0 Likes

Reading 3rd party devices via SNMP

There is an application in a datacenter with enLogic Energy Meters (EN Series Power Distribution Unit & EZ Series Energy Meter) installed.  Customer would like to integrate the meters' data into PME but that is running in SNMP.

From the kb on se.com it looks like certain types of gateway are doable (https://www.se.com/ww/en/faqs/FA211887/).

However by reading in more details majority of those are just as a kind of slave allowing the SNMP manager to read information from them, instead of being a master to read data from other 3rd party device via SNMP.

New to SNMP and thus your recommended solution on what devices/tools to use and how to use are much appreciated.

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
RobGraham
Lt. Commander Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Re: Reading 3rd party devices via SNMP

I believe the standard solution is to install and configure KEPServer to read the SNMP devices and convert the data to OPC, then you can use the Device Type Editor to create an OPC device to read from KEPServer.

At one time, the KEPServer installer was included on the PME ISO and there was a standard SE part for the license, but I don't know offhand if that's the case anymore.  There are other software solutions out there, though; I think Matrikon has their own variant.

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
monnier
Crewman Crewman
Crewman

Hello, 

In one of our customer sites we have selected the below 3rd-party gateway as a possible solution

https://store.chipkin.com/products/snmp-std-to-modbus-tcp-quickserver-gateway

I hope this helps

//Mikael Monnier

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
2 Replies 2
RobGraham
Lt. Commander Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

I believe the standard solution is to install and configure KEPServer to read the SNMP devices and convert the data to OPC, then you can use the Device Type Editor to create an OPC device to read from KEPServer.

At one time, the KEPServer installer was included on the PME ISO and there was a standard SE part for the license, but I don't know offhand if that's the case anymore.  There are other software solutions out there, though; I think Matrikon has their own variant.

Tags (1)
monnier
Crewman Crewman
Crewman

Hello, 

In one of our customer sites we have selected the below 3rd-party gateway as a possible solution

https://store.chipkin.com/products/snmp-std-to-modbus-tcp-quickserver-gateway

I hope this helps

//Mikael Monnier
Tags (1)