Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84725members
354138posts

Can com x 510 daisy chain to another com x 510 and more com x 510 in series connection?

Gateways and Energy Servers

Get expert answers to your questions regarding Schneider Electric Gateways & Energy Servers, from product selection to implementation and troubleshooting. Collaborate with a global community of experts and peers, get support and share your experiences by subscribing to the Schneider Electric Community Gateways and Energy Servers forum today.

Solved
TonyLeung
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
Schneider Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

Can com x 510 daisy chain to another com x 510 and more com x 510 in series connection?

May i ask is it possible to connect the com x 510 daisy chain to another com x 510 and more com x 510 in series ?

may you please kindly explain the network settings? thanks.

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Randi_Dolan
Commander Commander
Commander

Re: Can com x 510 daisy chain to another com x 510 and more com x 510 in series connection?

Hello @TonyLeung,

@Romain_Polette is correct. You can daisy chain the Com'X510 via Ethernet.  

Best regards,

Randi

See Answer In Context

Tags (1)
3 Replies 3
Nedjma
Community Alumni (Retired)
Community Alumni (Retired)
0 Likes

Re: Can com x 510 daisy chain to another com x 510 and more com x 510 in series connection?

Hi @TonyLeung,

I have noticed that your topic is still unanswered.

I was wondering if you found a solution on your side. If you did, I kindly invite you to share it with the community.

But if you still in the same situation please do not hesitate to inform us here.

Tags (1)
Romain_Polette
Sisko Sisko
Sisko

Hello @TonyLeung , 

It may be possible if you configure Ethernet ports of your Com'X as "Switched Ports". But I never tested this configuration and do not know if it is recommended.

Normally you need to use ETH2 port to connect other Ethernet devices of your network (or a ETH switch). But I do not see any blocking point using another Com'X on ETH2. 

Annotation 2020-09-17 130634.png

@Randi_Dolan can you confirm please ?

Thanks !

Romain POLETTE - Solution architect - France Operation
Intencity - Grenoble - France
Tags (1)
Randi_Dolan
Commander Commander
Commander

Hello @TonyLeung,

@Romain_Polette is correct. You can daisy chain the Com'X510 via Ethernet.  

Best regards,

Randi

Tags (1)