Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

Close
Important Announcement: WELCOME to the new Schneider Electric Community! Community is now no longer part of Exchange, and is now rebranded under se.com. If you have any bookmarks and links saved, we request you to update them to ensure that you continue accessing our community from this new location. For any issues that you might encounter as part of this change, please reach out to SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com, and the team will help to get your issues resolved.
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
82437members
349955posts

sftp on Botz 355

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

sftp on Botz 355

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by nanoman on 2018-12-12

Botz 355

Hi, can I switch periodic reports sent via FTP to SFTP ?  If so, how ? 

Thank you,

(CID:137111367)

8 Replies 8
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: sftp on Botz 355

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Steven Marchetti on 2018-12-12

Hi nanoman,

Sorry but there is no hidden setting, the options are ftp, http, or e-mail. On the FTP option, all you get is what you see here:

I would suggest if you feel this is needed that you put in an enhancement request using the "Resources --> Feature Requests" menu.

Thanks,

Steve

(CID:137111396)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by nanoman on 2018-12-14

Hi Steve,   is the a "work around". That is, can I set the transfer mode to passive ?  or is there a way to just sent the "graphs" without the .xml file?

(CID:137112394)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Steven Marchetti on 2018-12-14

Hi nanoman,

Sorry but as I mentioned, what you see is what you get for settings and options. You have the option to include graphs or not but there is no option to NOT send the data. As for active or passive ftp, that would be something that would have to be changed in the back end and I don't know if you'd be able to tweak any config file or if you could, what it might do to the rest of the processes.

Steve

(CID:137112407)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by nanoman on 2018-12-14

Steve, 

Thanks. Is there a way I can change the data file extension from "xml" to something else?

(CID:137112503)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Steven Marchetti on 2018-12-14

nanoman, Like I said, the configuration options are all listed.

(CID:137112524)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by nanoman on 2018-12-12

Thanks Steve. I currently use FTP but would like to use sFTP. It seems like it's a reasonable item to put in a request for.

(CID:137111403)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Is it reasonable to request? Absolutely. Will it make it into the product? That I can not say.

(CID:137112527)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.