Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84690members
354058posts

how do you deal with electrical splitters?

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

how do you deal with electrical splitters?

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jeff Filliez on 2018-08-07

Hello,

I have a customer that is using splitters to feed their racks, so there is only one 3-phase circuit feeding both in-rack PDUs.  Is there a way to properly reflect this in DCO for capacity planning?  Possibly a wiring device I can't find in the genome?

Thanks,

--Jeff

(CID:133368620)

2 Replies 2
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: how do you deal with electrical splitters?

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Ed Tarento on 2018-08-08

Hi Jeff

No direct support AFAIK but happy to hear differently.   You can always get a model done in some way but you may have to make a compromise, usually either in asset or capacity management.   Im away from my systems right now but my first thought is to use a DCO PDU to represent the splitter, as you will be able to manage capacity of splitter (PDU) as well as both rpdus.  but....   AFAIK DCO PDUs must be floor mounted. Are your spillers rack mounted?  or above rack?   elsewhere.   this might take some playing to get the best mix of DCO cap man features.

i hope that helps

cheers

Ed

(CID:133369147)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.