Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84805members
354263posts

geist

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

Solved
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

geist

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Michael Adachi on 2016-09-20

Hi,

We have a number of Geist PDU's in our environment and would like to use DCE (version 7.3.1) to monitor them (they have temp and water sensors attached to them as well).  The Geist PDU's have a RCX-D identifier on them.  What will we need to do to add them to DCE?

Thanks

(CID:108826132)

Accepted Solutions
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: geist

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Steven Marchetti on 2016-09-20

Hi Michael,

for DCE to read any device, a DDF or device definition file is required. These can be obtained by using the link above for my devices. If you can discover the device and some sensors are missing, and this assumes they can be obtained using the Modbus or SNMP protocol used for discovery, then you need to work with the DDF team to get the DDF file or get it updated. 

Steve. 

(CID:108826139)

See Answer In Context

18 Replies 18
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Steven Marchetti on 2016-09-20

Hi Michael,

for DCE to read any device, a DDF or device definition file is required. These can be obtained by using the link above for my devices. If you can discover the device and some sensors are missing, and this assumes they can be obtained using the Modbus or SNMP protocol used for discovery, then you need to work with the DDF team to get the DDF file or get it updated. 

Steve. 

(CID:108826139)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Michael Adachi on 2016-09-26

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your answer.  I've made a request via the "My Device Requests".  I created the walk-thru file, but I think the process failed.  I also included the mib file from Geist.  Do you have any idea how long this process takes?

Thanks again

(CID:108826697)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Steven Marchetti on 2016-09-27

Hi Michael, I am unsure exactly how long it will take but hopefully the team responsible for DDF creation will provide you with some type of time expectation. I will ask if they have any documented statement of work. Steve.

(CID:108826852)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Mohan Gowda G S on 2016-09-28

Hi Michael, I had a look at your DDF request for GEIST RCX-D, it looks the walk file attached with the request is incorrectly generated. I have emailed you the link to download the right walk script, please go through it to generate the fresh walk of the device and send it back to us. Thanks and Regards, Mohan Gowda

(CID:108826929)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Michael Adachi on 2016-09-28

I found another mib file for the Geist RCX devices. This zip includes the mib file and a csv file. I'm not sure if this helps or not

U:DownLoadsGeistMonitored PDUGeist RCX mib.zip

(CID:108827005)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Michael Adachi on 2016-09-28

Please find attached a zip file with the dev walk data

U:DownLoadsAPCStructureWareisxc_devicewalkwalkfilesGeist WalkFiles.zip

(CID:108827012)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Mohan Gowda G S on 2016-09-30

Hi Michael, Unfortunaltely it looks the files are not uploaded. Could you please send the files over email to me ? Thanks and Regards, Mohan Gowda

(CID:108827228)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Michael Adachi on 2016-09-30

Hi Mohan, I've sent the files to your email as requested.

(CID:108827255)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Mohan Gowda G S on 2016-10-17

Hi Michael, received your ddf test results and will be sending the update By Thursday.

(CID:108828650)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Mohan Gowda G S on 2016-10-20

Hi Michael, I have emailed you the updated file, please test it and let me know the results, Regards,

(CID:108829468)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Michael Adachi on 2016-10-20

Hi Mohan, Thank you for the updated DDF file. I've uploaded it to DCE, deleted the Geist PDU's from DCE and re-added them. I've added some screen shots for so you can see what I'm looking at. Looking at the Geist PDU's from DCE, - I don't see the sensor for the Water Sensor - I don't see the values for the slave PDU (please note that there may be up to 3 slave PDU's attached to a master PDU). In this case, there is only 1 slave PDU attached. - It appears that the Model information isn't correct. The information in the Model field is actually the hostname on the PDU Regards,

(CID:108829481)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Mohan Gowda G S on 2016-10-25

Hi Mike, I have included all the matching sensors from the walk and MIB in the update I sent. Now since you are not able to see water sensors, could you please sort the OIDs for those sensors and send it along with their descriptions so that I can update the DDF accordingly and address other issues as well. Thanks and Regards, Mohan Gowda

(CID:109447023)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Michael Adachi on 2016-10-25

Hi Mohan, I'm not sure what you are asking for. If you can send me instructions how to gather the information, I will get this information to as soon as I can. Thank you,

(CID:109447065)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Michael Adachi on 2016-10-26

Also, wondering if the mib file that I sent does not help in this exercise?

(CID:109447228)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Mohan Gowda G S on 2016-11-07

Hi Mike, In your above comment you have mentioned that Water Sensors are not being displayed, what I am expecting from you is could you please provide me the list of water sensors that you are expecting to see in DCE ?? Thanks and Regards, Mohan Gowda

(CID:110004573)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Mohan Gowda G S on 2016-11-10

Hi Mike, I am waiting for your reply. Please let me know if you have any difficulty in finding the information that I have asked for. Thanks and Regards, Mohan Gowda

(CID:110004933)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Michael Adachi on 2016-11-10

Hi Mohan, I'm trying to get the information that you are looking for via the hardware vendor of the device, as I'm not sure of what you are looking for. I hope to have some answers in a few days.

(CID:110004986)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.