Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84589members
353854posts

dce vm stuck at "Data Center Expert is starting up".

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

dce vm stuck at "Data Center Expert is starting up".

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Patrick English on 2016-12-15

Hello,

I had to redeploy my DCE VM today from the ova template.  The vm has a new name and IP address but the same MAC address as the original server.

The vm boots but if I try to browse to its URL or try connecting the client to the vm I get a message "saying Data Center Expert is starting up. Please wait. This page will refresh every 10 seconds", its been like this for an hour now.

DCE version 7.4.1

client version 7.4.1

I read somewhere that the default disk partition size can sometimes cause this problem so I also added a 2nd hard disk of 500gb and rebooted the vm.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Patrick

(CID:110008657)

9 Replies 9
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: dce vm stuck at "Data Center Expert is starting up".

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by spezialist on 2016-12-15

Hi Patrick English,

And you can show us a screenshot from the DCE VM console?

Very thanks for the support.

(CID:110008659)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Patrick English on 2016-12-15

do you mean the vmware settings?

pdumgt.png

(CID:110008665)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by spezialist on 2016-12-15

No, just screenshot of the Linux DCE VM console (for example, from vSphere Web Client -> "Launch Console" under DCE VM).

(CID:110008669)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Patrick English on 2016-12-15

that is just the black screen telling me if I login my warranty will be invalidated.

pdumgt.png

(CID:110008671)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

i have logged into this with apcsetup and configured the IP, gateway, subnet mask, DNS and FQDN.

(CID:110008672)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by spezialist on 2016-12-15

Everything means visually normally :-). This can be the following step to a solution: How to download Capture logs on Data Center Expert .

(CID:110008682)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

got a login prompt then Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log.Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

(CID:110008685)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

gave up and redeployed the vm. its working this time. The only thing i did differently was to add the extra 500GB drive before the initial boot of the vm.

(CID:110008694)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.