Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84398members
353587posts

Why do wireless Temp / Hum sensors keep dropping off Netbotz?

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Why do wireless Temp / Hum sensors keep dropping off Netbotz?

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Martin Wall on 2019-10-25

Hello

I have an installation where wireless sensors keep showing up as unplugged on Advanced view. I have updated all sensors (NBWS100H / NBWS100T) and wireless coordinator (NBWC100U) to the latest firmware, but periodically a sensor will  report that it is unplugged. Sometimes it comes back on it's own, other times you physically have to cycle the power too the effected sensor (It is not always the same sensor) for it to come back online. All the sensors are in close proximity (less than 10m) or each other and the coordinator. The coordinator is plugged into a Netbotz 570.

Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance

Martin

(CID:150732901)

Tags (1)
2 Replies 2
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: Why do wireless Temp / Hum sensors keep dropping off Netbotz?

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jeff Shaw on 2019-11-05

In my experience, the best place to mount the coordinator is outside the rack. Use a USB extension cable and get the coordinator mounted on top of the rack somewhere close to the middle of the row/aisle. Use an active repeater cable if you're going anywhere near at least 5 meters. Racks are big metal cages that do a great job of blocking RF, and with the wireless sensors based on zigbee, saturation in the 2.4ghtz spectrum can cause issues too. Give it a better chance of good signal and move the coordinator out of the rack and I bet you'll see improvement.

(CID:151062927)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.