Welcome to the new Schneider Electric Community

It's your place to connect with experts and peers, get continuous support, and share knowledge.

• Explore the new navigation for even easier access to your community.
  • Bookmark and use our new, easy-to-remember address (community.se.com).
  • Get ready for more content and an improved experience.

Contact SchneiderCommunity.Support@se.com if you have any questions.

Close
Invite a Co-worker
Send a co-worker an invite to the Exchange portal.Just enter their email address and we’ll connect them to register. After joining, they will belong to the same company.
Send Invite Cancel
84589members
353854posts

UPS Power Dependency

EcoStruxure IT forum

A support forum for Data Center Operation, Data Center Expert, and EcoStruxure IT product users to share knowledge on installation, configuration, and general product use.

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

UPS Power Dependency

This question was originally posted on DCIM Support by Michael D'Angelo on 2017-02-27

Is it possible to model the power path upstream of a UPS in DCO?  I am attempting to model the power path from utility/generator to ATS to main power panel that feeds UPS and AC units.  However, in the UPS itself there is no Power Dependency section that allows me to specify the power panel and breaker the UPS gets its power from.

(CID:112625974)

9 Replies 9
DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

Re: UPS Power Dependency

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Ditte Drewer Mathiasen on 2017-03-06

Hi Michael D'Angelo, thanks for posting. Lets see who can be of assistance here. @community any ideas?

Kind regards Ditte   

(CID:113642025)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This answer was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2017-03-06

Hi Michael,

You are right, modeling a power path upstream of UPS is unsupported in DCO, currently the supported power path is from UPS -> PDU -> rack pdu and/or floor mounted devices.

However, in your example/power path: 'Generator-x' -> -> -> UPSx -> AC

As a workaround, perhaps (in DCO) you might want to try to model a UPS unit instead of 'Generator-x' and a PDU unit instead of 'UPSx'.

Kind regards

(CID:113642300)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Rob Schmidt on 2018-04-17

Is there a plan to add power path functionality upstream of the UPS as well as including a generator as a power source?

(CID:130096321)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2018-05-02

Hi Rob,

Not in near future, however your feature request is captured in our system, thanks.

Kind regards

(CID:130681656)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Mark on 2018-05-14

I'm still looking for a rack mount UPS under 8kva genome for 8.1 that actually supports a power path. Any ideas?

(CID:131959233)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Ed Tarento on 2018-05-14

Hi Mark. 

Your feature request already captured i think at  but sadly no new feature yet AFAIK.  Perhaps its in the works?

Cheers

Ed

(CID:131959247)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Rob Schmidt on 2018-05-14

We are now able to login via the Web Interface for HP OneView using a HP OneView "local" account.  We still get the same error.  Is there a way to specify the domain to be local?  I've tried "local\username".

(CID:131960029)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

This comment was originally posted on DCIM Support by Jef Faridi on 2018-05-16

Hi Rob,
I guess wanted to post the comment in another post (HP OneView "The External System returned an error").

Kind regards

(CID:131961492)

DCIM_Support
Picard
Picard
0 Likes

🔒 Closed

This question is closed for comments. You're welcome to start a new topic if you have further comments on this issue.